Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mae West left those words ...great sense of humor ...



"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
—
Mae West

"I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it."
—
Mae West

There are no good girls gone wrong - just bad girls found out."
—
Mae West

"I wrote the story myself. It's about a girl who lost her reputation and never missed it."
—
Mae West

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
—
Mae West

"When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better. "
—
Mae West

"I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure."
—
Mae West

"I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing."
—
Mae West

"Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile."
—
Mae West

"It's not the men in your life that matters, it's the life in your men."
—
Mae West

"Ladies who play with fire must remember that smoke gets in their eyes."
—
Mae West

"I'm single because I was born that way."
—
Mae West

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!"
—
Mae West

"Cultivate your curves - they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided."
—
Mae West


"Those who are easily shocked should be shocked more often."
—
Mae West

"I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond."
—
Mae West

"It is better to be looked over than overlooked."
—
Mae West

"Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution."
—
Mae West

"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly."
—
Mae West

"Look your best - who said love is blind? "
—
Mae West

"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."
—
Mae West

"Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere."
—
Mae West


"If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!"
—
Mae West

"He who hesitates is a damned fool."
—
Mae West

"To err is human - but it feels divine."
—
Mae West

"You are never too old to become younger!"
—
Mae West

"I've no time for broads who want to rule the world alone. Without men, who'd do up the zipper on the back of your dress? "
—
Mae West

"A woman in love can't be reasonable--or she probably wouldn't be in love."
—
Mae West

"An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises."
—
Mae West

"She's the kind of girl who climbed the ladder of success wrong by wrong."
—
Mae West

"I only read biographies, metaphysics and psychology. I can dream up my own fiction."
—
Mae West

"Getting married is like trading in the adoration of many for the sarcasm of one."
—
Mae West

"The score never interested me, only the game."
—
Mae West

"When women go wrong, men go right after them."
—
Mae West

"Love isn't an emotion or an instinct - it's an art."
—
Mae West

"Don't marry a man to reform him - that's what reform schools are for."
—
Mae West

No comments:

Post a Comment